Terms and Conditions
The following is a list of standard terms and conditions used by photographers, these are provided in the interests of both “the Client” defined as the couple named on the booking form and Stephen Buss Photography (Stephen Buss) (“the Photographer and/or Videographer”). Please ensure that you have read and understood these terms before placing your booking. The Client is deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions in full upon payment of the booking fee. It is agreed that the terms represent the total agreement made between the parties and cannot be varied in any way by the Client unless expressly agreed by the Photographer in writing.
- Wedding photography and/or videography terms: It is agreed that the terms set out in this contract are the complete agreement made between the parties and that no variation of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
- Booking: A non-refundable retainer of £250.00 is required to secure the booking. Should the client cancel, the retainer may be carried forward to a future date, within 12 months of the original date. Stephen Buss Photography reserves the right to increase package prices to match the following year prices.
- Special requests and coverage: The client understands and accepts that the photo and/or video coverage will be as the photographer’s and/or videographer’s professional expertise determines and that no one moment will be deemed more important than another. Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs and/or footage of important and special events during the wedding, Stephen Buss Photography cannot place an unconditional guarantee on these moments. Special requests are not a binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with the client’s wishes and must be made by the client in writing to Stephen Buss Photography.
- Limit of liability: On occasions and without notice it may be necessary for the photographer and/or videographer originally specified to be substituted for another photographer and/or videographer in the unlikely event of severe medical, natural or other emergencies. Stephen Buss Photography will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer and/or videographer who will be able and/or willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
- Images and video footage: All image sizes are nominal. Stephen Buss Photography will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour match owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials, especially man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record the exact colour as seen by the human eye. If either the bride’s or groom’s late or non-arrival, for any reason outside of the photographer’s and/or videographer’s control, Stephen Buss Photography shall not be held liable for failure to take desired photographs and/or video footage.
- Non-guarantee: Stephen Buss Photography will not be held responsible for any ruined moments due to any other causes in or outside of Stephen Buss Photography’s control. In the unlikely event of the client’s photographs and/or video footage being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Stephen Buss Photography’s control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals and/or footage shall be a prorated amount of the exposures and/or footage lost based on the percentage of total number of originals and/or amount of captured footage. Images and/or video footage that is deemed unfit for purpose will not be retained. Stephen Buss Photography is unable to supply RAW files or unedited footage.
- Copyright: Copyright remains that of Stephen Buss Photography. Permission is granted to the client for personal copying of the images and/or videos only. The client is not permitted to use the images and/or video footage for any other purpose or commercial reason except with the written permission of Stephen Buss Photography. Once the client has received the images and/or video footage, the photographer and/or videographer holds no responsibility for the quality of any reproduction of the images and/or videos in any way.
- Licence: Stephen Buss Photography shall be granted complete artistic licence, including in relation to the poses and the locations used. The photographer’s and/or videographer’s judgement regarding locations, poses and amount of footage captured, shall be final. Due to the conditions of the weather and the willingness of subjects, it may not be possible to capture all the moments requested.
- House rules: Stephen Buss Photography is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official and the reception site management. The client agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on Stephen Buss Photography. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is the client’s responsibility prior to the wedding date. Stephen Buss Photography will offer technical recommendations only.
- Completion schedule: The editing process takes approximately 6 weeks. Further edits and artistic finishing is available to the client as an optional extra.
- Exclusivity: It is understood that Stephen Buss Photography and his team will act as the sole and exclusive wedding photographers and/or videographers. The formal photography and/or videography time is for exclusive use of Stephen Buss Photography to capture the formal wedding portraits. Guests’ cameras may ruin moments captured by Stephen Buss Photography, the client acknowledges that they are responsible for notifying all guests that guest photography and/or videography shall be limited and not at the expense of the professional photographer’s and/or videographer’s work.
- Right of withdrawal: Stephen Buss Photography will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour or share or compete with guest photographers and/or videographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography and/or videography may seriously affect the quality of images and/or video footage captured. If the client is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any guest damages the equipment of the photographer and/or videographer, it will result in an early or immediate departure of the photographer and/or videographer. The client understands that in such an event, no refund will be granted.
- Archive: Backing up your images and/or videos and making duplicate USBs is the client’s responsibility. Stephen Buss Photography does not offer an archive or back up facility of any kind.
- Model release: The client hereby allows Stephen Buss Photography to display any images and/or videos included in this contract in their studios, portfolios, literature, websites, wedding exhibitions and advertising. No use of the images and/or videos will be made by Stephen Buss Photography for other commercial reasons, except with the written permission of the client.
- Cancellation: The client may cancel this contract within 14 days of signing by giving written notice to Stephen Buss Photography and the retainer will be returned to the client. After 14 days, the client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to Stephen Buss Photography but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid. Should cancellation be received by Stephen Buss Photography less than 6 weeks prior to the date of the ceremony, the client shall in addition pay a sum equal to 50% of the contract value. The said sum shall be payable as an estimate of the loss the photographer and/or videographer would suffer.
- Limitation of liability: In the unlikely event of a total photography and/or videography failure or cancellation of this contact by either party, or in any other circumstance, the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
- Payments: Following payment of the non-refundable retainer of £250, the remaining balance is due to be paid 28 days prior to the wedding date. All payments can be paid by cash or bank transfer. The non-refundable retainer and this signed contract confirms your wedding date booking with Stephen Buss Photography. Bank transfers should be paid to: MR S R BUSS – Santander – SC: 09-01-29 – AN: 16278370
I have read and understand the terms above. I will abide by the terms of agreement and understand that the terms cannot be changed unless agreed by both parties in writing.
Stephen Buss Photography
Engage Everything Limited
19 Suffield Close, Long Stratton, Norfolk, NR15 2JL
Engage Everything Limited. Company no. 09074257